How Leaders Can Support Responsible Data Use
- Communicate clearly about your values and goals for data use; data should always serve a clear purpose.
- Engage community stakeholders in crafting policies and practices that require data collection and use, especially stakeholders who are directly affected.
- Center privacy in the design of data policies and practices.
- Be transparent about how data is used and protected to build trust with the public and communities you are serving.
- Train people to use data. Ensure everyone who uses data has the ability to use data effectively and ethically.
Learn more about how to support responsible data use.
Responsible Data Use in the News
We envision a world where data is used to drive systemic change, economic mobility, and student success.
We advocate to change the role of data to ensure that data works for everyone navigating their education and workforce journeys.