The Data Quality Campaign (DQC) is the nation’s leading voice on education data policy and use.
Remarkable progress has been made in states over the last decade to ensure that useful data is collected, thanks to dedicated policymakers and advocates. But we know that in too many communities, those who most need information to help the students they care about do not have it. That needs to change. More than any other organization, DQC understands the challenges and opportunities around using data to improve outcomes for all students.
When students, parents, educators, and policymakers have the right information to make decisions, students excel.
- Increase public understanding of the value of education data.
- Ensure that everyone with a stake in education has timely access to the right information.
- Improve the capacity of and conditions for teachers and school leaders to use data.
- Lead efforts to build consensus and collaboration for the effective use of data to improve education outcomes.
- Build knowledge and create evidence-based recommendations and resources for the field.
- Advocate for and support changes in policy and practice to ensure that data effectively and securely follow and serve the individual.